The events of the past 48 hours have left me sick to my stomach, having been accused of many things in my time I find myself in a very difficult situation.

The anipal community is one that I have loved and treasured over the past few years but recent events have made me question the rights and wrongs of my actions.

It tears me apart to see friends hurt and upset by thoughtless and unthinking tweets which once said can never be erased.

The pawpawty movement stood for a community united in one belief!

"that we could make the world a better place for those who had been forgotten or neglected or mistreated"

Yet I have been faced with a torrent of abuse in my quest of trying to resolve a situation that had already got way out of hand.

I have never stated that anyone has stolen or misappropriated funds from any of the #pawpawty events, indeed it is impossible for anyone to do this as the funds go direct to the shelters. Or in rare occasions to my paypal account via chip in before being transferred over to the shelter or charity in question.

What people choose to promote on their own time lines with or without the #pawpawty hashtag is nothing to do with me and I cannot be accountable for any of that.

And so it is with a heavy heart that I am calling a halt to all #pawpawty activity for the near future. I am not at all sure if there is any future for the #pawpawty events and all they stood for.

What I do know is that things cannot continue the way they are. We all must take time to reconsider our involvement, commitment, motives and values.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people from all over the world who have supported the #pawpawty and the anipal community, you all know who you are and without your support none of the great work we have done would have been possible.

Life is too short to spend it fighting, I have no energy left to fight with anyone about what I choose to believe to be right or wrong.

A wise old man once said something to me that has stayed with me ever since:

"Do you know what you believe in? Do you know what you stand for and do you know what you want and how you can be a part of it?"

I know what I believe, I know what I stand for and I know what I want to be a part of.

I know all of that, and my open question to the anipal community is what do you want to be a part of?

Just to be clear there will be no official #pawpawty events until notified on this blog.

I sincerely apologise to all of the organisers who have been busy getting things ready for the March #pawpawty and to all of the DJ's Barktenders, Security and Prize Donors.

This is totally my own decision right or wrong based on what I as an individual am feeling following the events of the past 48 hours.

I hope that we can come back from this stronger, wiser and more determined than ever to help all of our pals everywhere who desperately need us.

Until then mai pals.
edit post
Related Posts with Thumbnails